Homes for Homes is a simple promise that when a home sells, whenever that is, 0.1% of the sale price will be donated —creating social and affordable housing for those in need.
On a $750,000 home that is a donation of $750 to Homes for Homes to help create social and affordable housing for the most vulnerable people in our communities. Also, it’s not just residential property sales that can help end homelessness. The same promise can be made on the sale or lease of offices, retail outlets, build-to-rent projects and commercial property. This gift is transferred as part of the settlement process so it’s money you wouldn’t normally see and therefore may not even miss, making it something that most of us could easily manage. The property that you’ve sold or leased will remain registered with Homes for Homes, allowing for future donations whenever it changes hands again.
Here’s how it works!
Take part in one of Australia’s most important social initiatives.
1. Homes registered – When you register your property with Homes for Homes, we will add a caveat or administrative advice in Queensland to your title as a reminder of your promise to donate when you decide to sell.
2. Properties sold – When you sell your property, it remains registered with Homes for Homes, giving the new owner the opportunity to donate when they sell in the future.
3. Funds donated – Through the settlement disbursement process, a tax deductible donation of 0.1% of the sale price is made to Homes for Homes.
4. Money granted – Your contribution is pooled with other Homes for Homes donations and granted to housing providers in your state or territory.
5. Homes created – The money raised through Homes for Homes is used to create social and affordable housing to help end homelessness.
To learn more about this initiative – please click here to download the brochure.